October half term homework
22nd October 2020
Volcano Pumpkin Experiment
What you will need:
- A small pumpkin with the top cut off and the inside hollowed out.
- Liquid dish soap.
- Food colouring.
- Baking Soda.
- Large bowl, casserole dish etc. (optional).
- Wooden spoon.
- First, cut the top off your pumpkin and scoop out the inside.
- Next, place your pumpkin in a large bowl, casserole dish etc. (to catch any mess or you can do the activity outside)
- Then, fill half the pumpkin with vinegar.
- After that, add in a squirt of dish soap (the more you add the more foam) and a few drops of food colouring.
- Mix this all together using your wooden spoon.
- Ask your child what they think might happen.
- Finally, add in a tablespoon of baking soda. Keep adding a tablespoon for more of an ‘explosion’.